Health News for the Well-Read Patient
Please click the links below to read the full article.
- Joint Assets: An Osteoarthritis Update April 14, 2023
The aching, swollen, stiff joints associated with osteoarthritis (OA) have long been considered a “wear and tear” condition, associated with aging. It was thought that cartilage, the smooth connective tissue on the end of bones that cushion the joints, simply breaks down over a lifetime of walking, ...
- Bone Up: What Is Osteoporosis? April 14, 2023
Except for dedicated thespians, saying “break a leg” is most definitely not a harbinger of good luck. More than 10 million Americans are living with osteoporosis, a condition of low bone mass that results in increased risk of bone fracture, sometimes even from a minor fall or ...
- The Future of Aging January 17, 2023
The First Hundred Years: Healthy Longevity May Ultimately Define the Future Humankind has eternally searched for the fabled fountain of youth. While we suspect that a magical elixir to turn back time may never be discovered, in 2023 we are coming ever closer to a more achievable ...
- Studying the Secrets of Super Agers January 17, 2023
The growing group of people able to enjoy 100 years of life may well be one of the most remarkable achievements of the 21st century. A generation ago, the number of centenarians worldwide was just 110,000; today they are 600,000 strong. Notably, a sizable segment of this ...
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s: Updates from a Leading Geriatrician October 6, 2022
Senior Moments Or Something More? As Baby Boomers continue the inexorable journey deep into their senior years, preserving cognitive function understandably tops the list of worries. While Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias are seen in just 5% of people over 65, that number jumps to 30% for ...
- Nourish Body, Brain and Heart with the MIND Diet October 6, 2022
Mindful Eating for Your Brain Harkening back to ancient civilizations, the concept of food as medicine represents one of today’s most cutting-edge approaches to prevention and disease management. Inspired by the intricate connection of mind and body wellness, a small, special group of diets have made their ...
- Why Patients Are Choosing Concierge Medicine September 26, 2022
- What Is Concierge Medicine? September 23, 2022
- How Long Does It Take To Convert To A Concierge Medical Practice? July 27, 2022
The post How Long Does It Take To Convert To A Concierge Medical Practice? appeared first on Specialdocs Consultants.
- Benefits Of Concierge Medicine July 25, 2022